If you’re tired of the same ‘ol, same ‘ol chili, you’ve GOT to give this veggie and protein-packed healthy chili recipe a try! It’s delicious and super good for you. I just throw everything into my slow cooker and walk away for the day, but if you have an hour, you can absolutely cook this on your stovetop as well!
Enjoy! Let me know how you like it! It’s hearty, it’s delicious and it’s seriously packed with nutritious goodness. What more could you ask for in a chili? Hmmmm?
Oh! And something cool that I’ve found?! In the recipe, it calls for hot sauce, and you can use any hot sauce you love. BUT, there is this super cool company called Fuego Box and they do monthly or quarterly hot sauce subscriptions! Each box comes with three totally different hot sauces to try and it can totally change the flavor of your recipes (in a good way!)! So, if you’re a hot sauce connoisseur, or even just want to try something new, I’d totally recommend checking them out! The sauces are delicious AND it’s fun to try all the different flavors! Also…keep these in mind as a gift for those hard-to-buy-for people in your life!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium or large sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed or diced
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can bean medley (drained and rinsed)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (less or more, depending on how spicy you like your chili!)
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- In a pot, saute the onions, garlic, and peppers for a few minutes.
- Add the sweet potato (it will take awhile to cook) and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until the meat is browned.
- Add the butternut squash, tomatoes, and rest of the ingredients, including the broth. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for a final 10 minutes.
- Saute garlic, onions, sweet potato and squat for 5 minutes.
- Throw the above and all of the other ingredients into a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.